Be Trū Wellness was proud to be part of The Gentle Barn’s Gentle 12 corporate program in April. The mission of the Gentle 12 program is to partner with and enhance companies commitment to building a healthier planet in a unique and significant way that differentiates and creates a lasting impact through Corporate Social Responsibility. Be Trū Wellness received this honor in March.
Hope and Inspiration
The Gentle Barn rescues animals from severe abuse and neglect who are too old, sick, lame, or scared to be adopted into homes. We are sanctuary to horses, donkeys, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, turkeys, chickens, llamas, peacocks, emus, cats and dogs. Once rehabilitated, the animals help us give hope and inspiration to children with the same stories.
Connecting Be Trū Believers
During April Be Trū friends and family visited Gentle Barn sites and had a chance to connect with the animals. Here are a few thoughts about our experience:
Lessons Learned While Spending Time With Gentle Barn
- While there are lots of rescue programs out there for dogs and cats, there’s not much out there for large animals and livestock. This is a demand that is much greater than I realized, as many large farm animals are neglected and abused… the Gentle Barn is creating a safe and happy atmosphere to rehabilitate so many of these large animals.
- The demand for vegan products is growing more than ever, there are so many people switching to plant-based products and diets.
- Factory farming is pretty horrendous and there needs to be more awareness about how heinous the conditions are for the animals being kept there. Whether you’re a vegan or not, you have to agree that sustainable, humane farming is a much better choice for the animals, environment, and our health!
- Everyone that works at Gentle Barn is volunteering their time to help these animals, they are amazing people of all ages, some who are young teens giving up their weekends to help at the farm! It’s an incredible group of people there!
- Our Be Trū BODY Pain Relief Cream is an incredible product to use on animals too, you can apply it on the back of their neck between the ears and the nano-sized hemp particles will travel through their nervous system just like it does in humans. We have some incredible testimonials of animals experiencing pain relief from the BODY cream being applied to the back of the neck!
Watch how much fun we had out on the farm: